Negotiators are not born… they are groomed. This programme is designed to groom potential and prospective future negotiators and will bring to their focus the attitudinal imperatives to clinch a successful deal. The workshop is packed with real life situations for role plays where participants will understand how to deploy relevant strategies, appropriate techniques, and interest sustaining tactics based on hands on experience. The tips and skills that the participant acquires will enable him to be an Outstanding negotiator.
• Participative and interactive seminar based on role-plays
• Real life case situations will be the base for the role plays.
• The importance of clinching the “Best possible deal”
• Trading off of variables.
• Objection handling in negotiations ( Converting NO into a YES, Deciphering body language signals in negotiations interpersonal communication and the negative pressures to guard against)
• The Dos and Don’ts in Negotiations.
• Personal attention to each participant to point out areas of improvement. Objectives: When you apply what you learn during this workshop and you will be able to:
• Identify, value, and strengthen your existing competencies around negotiation and influencing.
• Recognize that almost every meeting or interpersonal encounter involves negotiation.
• Broaden your interpersonal and influencing skills, and use these consciously when needed
• Get more of what you want, without damaging relationships – by achieving win/win solutions. Key Takeaways: • Understanding the difference between Conventional Negotiations and Principled Negotiation.
• Planning for a Negotiation – Interests, Criteria, and Options.
• Knowing your BATNA. • Setting up and beginning any negotiation.
• Understanding the 4D Process of Negotiation – Design, Dig, Develop and Decide.
• Identifying win-win agreements – expanding the pie.
• Developing the skill of asking questions.
• Dealing with difficult tactics.
• Developing strategies for addressing your current negotiation challenges.
A hands-on participatory approach: Self discovery, Role plays, participatory exercises, case studies, practice negotiations, discussions and group interactions form the methodology for learning in the 2 days.
Day One Session I Ice Breaker & Introduction
• Objectives and participant requirements for the course
• Defining Negotiation Why learn Negotiation Skills?
Session II Negotiation Needs
• What is negotiation
• Difference between selling negotiation and bargaining.
• Types of Negotiations
• Characteristics of a good Negotiator.
Session III Framework for Effective Negotiation
• Need and importance of a framework
• Developing a framework for successful negotiation
• Planning for Negotiation
• Preparations for Negotiation
• 7 pillars of negotiation Day Two Session IV Communication Skills for Effective Negotiation
• Key verbal and non-verbal skills
• Understanding cues and clues during negotiation
• Mastering one’s own body language for effectiveness including behavior modeling
• Effective listening skills Session V Negotiating for Success
• Understanding and dealing with sources of power in a negotiation situation
• Objection handling for success
• Closing the deal
• Tactics and strategies for advantage
• Involvement and building logic
• Changing perspectives
Session VI Action Planning &Valediction